Wood Sliding Sash Windows
Examine the detail of Signature’s Wood Sash Window by hovering over it.
Traditional Wood Sliding Sash Windows
Signature Megrame offer Traditional Weighted or Sprung Sliding Sash Windows which meet authentic UK & Ireland traditional design whilst providing excellent thermal and acoustic performance ratings.
The traditional Wood Sash Window from Signature Megrame is an ideal solution for like-for-like replacement and can either be installed as a full frame replacement or into existing box frames.
The Signature Megrame Wood Sash Window is available in either single or double glazed and each one is handcrafted in our specialist joinery facility.
Signature is a proud listed member of the Irish Georgian Society which promotes awareness and the protection of Ireland’s architectural heritage and decorative arts. See an example of a completed conservation project by Signature here.
Check out the latest wood sliding sash window project featuring a Victorian Style New Build by Signature here.
Features & Benefits Of Signature’s Wood Sliding Sash Windows
Aesthetics & Beauty
- Choose Any RAL Colour: Signature’s Wood Sliding Sash Windows are available in any RAL colour of your choice, giving you complete design freedom.
- Hardware Finish Options: Signature offers 5 stunning finishes which include polished brass, antique brass, satin chrome, polished chrome and satin nickel.
- Decorative Finger Pulls: Authentic finger pulls/sash lifts are available to match your interior room finishes.
- Balance System Options: Choose either a Weighted and Sprung Sliding Sash Window to match the style of your home.
- Traditional Profiling Options: Four traditional profiling options for frame and sash. Ovolo, Lamb’s Tongue, Concave and Putty line.
- Glazing Bar Size Options: Standard 18mm or 22mm glazing bar sizes to meet your wood sliding sash window preferences. Custom sizes are available too.
- Sash Horn Designs: Five standard sash horn types to meet bespoke requirements (e.g. sash horn types H-1 and H-2) and maintain authentic historical accuracy.
- Quality Joinery Practices: Flat hand sanded finished joints avoiding unsightly V joints.
Energy & Durability Performance
- Engineered Wood: All our sliding sash windows are made out of laminated wood that gives the product more structure and prevents warping.
- Double Glazing With Low E & Argon Gas: Both low e and argon gas enhances the energy performance to reach U-Values as low as 1.3 W/m2K
- Sealed Air-Tightness: Triple sealed between sash and frame protecting the sash and frame from water penetration and draughts.
- Soundproof Glazing Option: Specially designed acoustic glazing can be used to reduce outside noise. Learn how here.
- Backed By Warranty: An Extensive 10 warranty available as standard with your wood sliding sash windows.
- CE Certified: Signature’s Wood Sash Windows are CE Certified double glazed units meeting the legal requirement for Building Regulations 2016.
- Internal Beading Of Glazing: The glazing bead is fitted internally, which means that it is located behind the glass and cannot be reached by unwanted intruders from the outside.
- Child Safety & Security Options: Angel vent locks can be installed into Signature’s wood sliding sash which allows for safer ventilation and prevents the window from opening from a desired height.
Additional Services Available:
- Window Shutters & Architrave: Reinstating of window boards, window surround/architrave and bifold shutters available as an option to create a true traditional interior decor.
- Meet Conservation Requirements: Signature is an expert in joinery in historic Conservation joinery and has worked on numerous listed buildings.
Wood Sliding Sash Windows Related Case Studies
DOWNLOAD FULL PRODUCT & SERVICE BROCHURE
LEARN MORE ABOUT SIGNATURE'S EXPERTISE, SUPERIOR PRODUCT OPTIONS AND IN-HOUSE SERVICES.
If you're interested in finding out more about us, information on our latest shows or to book a showroom appointment please fill out the form below and your download will begin afterwards.
Alternatively click here to download the file