What Are Aluclad Windows?
What Are Aluclad Windows? Are They A Good Investment?
A common question we get at Signature is – what are aluclad windows? Are they a good solution for my home?
In this blog we’re going to go over the components of aluclad windows, the features and benefits and discuss if they’re a good fit for your home.
The Anatomy of Aluclad Windows
Aluminium clad wood (aka aluclad windows) comprise of a low-maintenance aluminium cladding exterior and natural timber interior. The wood interior gives you all the benefits of timber windows while being protected by the aluminium exterior.
Aluclad windows are very popular for contemporary homes in Ireland. The slim profiles combined with the natural timber interiors offer a minimalistic appeal and warmth for your interiors. Aluclad windows are noted for their flush tight exterior finish.
The Main Features & Benefits Of Aluclad Windows Are:
- Slim Profiles: The frames of premium aluclad windows are very slim and aesthetically pleasing.
- Sustainability & Maintenance: The aluminium cladding exterior protects the wood interior and provides a low-maintenance solution.
- Impermeable Water-Tightness: Signature’s Aluminium Clad Wood Casement Windows consist of a black thermal-break polymer which enhances insulation performance by at least 35% and doubles overall water-tightness in comparison to other aluclad windows.
- Excellent Energy Performance: Signature’s premium aluclad windows can reach U-Values as low as 0.65 w/m2k which offers outstanding thermal performance and comfort for your home.
- Dramatic Sizes: Create large uninterrupted openings without the use of unsightly breaks.
Explore Your Aluclad Window & Door Options With Signature
Signature offers premium aluclad windows & doors in a range of styles including push-out casement/awning, tilt & turn, fixed, lift & slide, french and entrance doors.
Click on the link below to learn more.