Sash Windows Ireland | What Are The Different Options?
As you may know, sash windows are a timeless Irish classic that are still extremely popular today. So what are the best sliding sash windows? In our opinion, wood or aluminium clad wood are the best for sliding sash windows as they replicate the exact profiling and proportions used in traditional times.
The main styles of sash windows available in Ireland include UPVC, Wood or Aluminium Clad Wood (Aluclad). Let’s go through the different options in more detail and find the best solution for you.
Wood Sash Windows: The Authentic Solution
Timber sliding sash windows are known for their stunning detailed profiles and classical size proportions. Signature’s Traditional Wood Sash Windows feature:
- Bespoke designs & any RAL colour
- Slim frames, narrow midrail and profiling options
- Box weight and chords or a modern spiral spring balance system
- Double glazing & triple sealing system for optimum energy efficiency
- Sash horns on the exterior (sometimes the interior too)
- Various glazing bar patterns with consistent and equal sightlines
- Laminated multi-layered timber with a flat finish in the joints
Learn more about Signature’s Traditional Wood Sliding Sash Windows by clicking on the link below.
Aluminium Clad Wood Sash Windows: The Perfect Blend Of Modern Performance & Traditional Appearance
Creating a window that is able to combine the beauty and versatility of timber, with the durability and low maintenance of aluminium in an authentic traditional appearance is not easy. However, Signature has developed the perfect window solution through Andersen Windows & Doors for Irish homeowners who want both low maintenance, high-energy performance and a true proportioned sliding sash window design.
Aluminium is a distinguishing element that enables us to offer the strength, beauty, and design freedom for which Andersen products are known. Through decades of innovation,Andersen have elevated the extruded aluminium-clad window and door category and perfected a made-to-order process that is unsurpassed.
- Low maintenance aluminium cladding exterior in a powder coated finish that won’t crack, peel or blister
- Luxurious detailed wooden interior
- Exclusive wash mode allows you to clean the exterior of windows with ease
- A continuous perimeter bulb weatherstrip is applied around the frame and sash to provide added water protection and thermal efficiency.
- The perfect blend of low maintenance, energy-performance and authentic sash window appearance
Learn more about Andersen’s Aluminium Clad Wood Sliding Sash Windows supplied by Signature by clicking on the link below.