What Is A Floor To Ceiling Window?
A floor to ceiling window is an oversized window that spans from the floor to the ceiling. Floor to ceiling windows are a growing trend in modern Irish homes.
Pros And Cons Of Floor To Ceiling Windows
- They open up the room and allow plenty of natural light; this contrast well with smaller rooms with dark elements.
- It’s proven that natural light can lift your mood, Improves sleep, boosts vitamin D, and has many other health benefits.
- Aesthetics is an incredibly popular reason for people choosing to install floor to ceiling windows. In private areas and areas with great views, they provide excellent design benefits.
- The floor to ceiling windows provides an infinite view to your home, eliminating the border between the living space and nature outside. As a result, the living area becomes more spacious.
- As with every pro in life, there is also a con. Foor to ceiling windows in your home do take away a little bit of privacy. If you don’t live in a private area, they can be incredibly revealing. However, putting up drapes will fix this.
- Floor to ceiling windows without quality glazing can impact the temperature and comfort in the room. If you have animals or children or both this could be a problem.
- It provides a large area of the glass if someone wants to break into your home.
- They’re also pretty hard to clean if accessibility is restricted.
Get A Free Quote
If you have any further queries surrounding floor to ceiling windows, a new build, replacement or conservation projects, why not contact us today and avail of a free design consultation? Click on the link below to book an appointment with one of our windows and doors specialists