5 Helpful Construction Apps For Your Next Projects
Construction Apps You Need On Your Phone
Technology is changing and improving year on year which is making our lives less complicated (for the most part). IOS and Android construction apps in particular, are innovating new ways to help on the construction site in terms of efficiency, saved headaches and money. For this reason we’ve researched some of the best apps out there to share with you to help you be more proactive and up to date.
Let’s have a look at some of the best apps out there in the market right now that are helping improve the construction industry & DIY projects. All these construction apps are available on both ios and android devices.
Construction Master Pro
Construction Master Pro is designed for builders, architects and DIY end users. Similar to a calculator, this app is built to assist in estimating, building, and bidding. The app was created for construction professionals and specifically optimized to solve complex construction problems by allowing you to calculate just about anything to do with your project.
- An easy to follow along user guide
- Dimensional Math & Conversions between all standard measurement formats
- Right Angle Solutions (Calculate Rise, Run, Diagonal/Common Rafters and much more)
- Area & Volume Solutions
- Trigonometric Function Keys
- No internet required
- User-friendly interface
- One-time fee of $29.99
Photo measures is a brilliant construction app that allows you to record, save and share key measurements and dimensions on your photos. This is a real headache saver when remembering key dimensions when shopping or meeting with clients/contractors. Gone are the days of “what was that measurement again?”
- Take a photo and directly draw measures on it anywhere
- Zoom into and out of your photo when you need more accuracy
- User-friendly layout
- Quickly add comments when measures are not enough
- Save your measures in imperial or metric units
- Easily organize your photos by category
- Export your dimensions in high resolution
- Export as PDF or JPG
- Import photos of any size and aspect ratio
- Available in lite and pro version which costs $6.99
PlanGrid is one of the best construction blueprint viewers on ios or android. This construction app allows you to view and share plans, mark ups, photos and reports from your smartphone device no matter where you are without an internet connection. You can sync and share information with anyone on the project so that everyone is up to date.
- Unlimited access to blueprints anywhere
- Share master sets of drawings with anyone
- Add/change notes & hyperlinks
- Add photos to drawings
- Management tools such as request for information (RFI)
- Create and track issues with customisable punchlists and task assignment tools
- Notifications of project changes
- Wide range of plans available to suit your needs including a free trial
This very useful app uses augmented reality to showcase both the sun and lunar locations from you GPS location at different time intervals. Users can use either use their camera or map to see where the sun will be located at different times which is perfect for planning day light entry into a home and where shadows may form.
- Use your current GPS location or choose any location on a map
- Save locations
- Use the current time or choose any time of day
- Get data about sunrise/sunset times, twilight (dusk/dawn), photography times (blue and golden hour)
- Get data about moonrise/moonset and moon phase
- View the sun’s and moon’s position at the chosen location and time overlaid on your device’s camera (Augmented Reality feature)
- Locate shadow castings on map
- Available in both a lite and pro version $3.99
By combining 5 time-saving features into one, this handy construction app provides you with a range of professional tools.
- A plumb bob for verifying the verticality of lines or walls
- A surface level
- A bubble level bar
- A steel protractor
- A steel ruler (in both centimeters and inches)
- Both a lite and pro version available $1.99
Want More Tips & Guides?
Want to stay up to date with the latest news and tips from Signature Windows & Doors? Why not sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date and receive a free Buyer’s Guide too. Click on the link below to sign up.